This blog talks about the top 5 benefits of scrubbing.
Do you scrub regularly? Well, never expect your skin to glow without exfoliation. Exfoliation offers multiple benefits – right from removing impurities to putting an end to your flaky skin. A good skincare routine includes scrubbing at least twice a week.
Before you purchase your exfoliation kit, determine your skin type. The right kind of scrubber can lift your skin while the vice-versa can be dangerous. We, the Oshea Herbals team, focus not only on facial scrubbing, but your body scrubbing is equally important. Homemade scrubbers can amp up your skin health and we promise to enlighten you with some super-easy recipes. Stay tuned with us for the rest of the blog.
What are the top 5 benefits of scrubbing?
- Scrubbing gives you clean skin, free from dirt, impurities, and oil. It unclogs and curates the dirt-laden pores.
- If you are prone to flaky skin and dark patches due to it, then scrubbing can help you get clearer skin.
- Significantly, scrubbing eradicates dead cells from the top layer of your skin.
- Exfoliation confirms the removal of dark patches and acne scars.
- Scrubbing improves your skin complexion and helps to obtain smooth skin.
Homemade scrub recipes
- Coffee scrub – Coffee diminishes the presence of cellulite in your skin. Coffee also has anti-aging properties and the ability to improve blood circulation. Take ½ cup of coffee grounds, 2 tbsp of hot water, and 1 tbsp of warmed coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients to obtain the right consistency. You can also preserve it in a container and apply it to your skin and body as and when required.
- Green tea sugar scrub – As we all know, green tea is enriched with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It also has another boon to give us – it can work as a barrier against harmful sun rays. For composing this green tea scrub, you need green tea bags to boiling in hot water. Now allow it to cool down. Take some coconut oil and brown sugar in a bowl and keep mixing until it’s a thorough mixture. Now add the tea to the sugar mix and stir well. Pour down into a bottle when the desired consistency is reached.
- Honey sugar scrub – Who does not know about the antibacterial properties of honey? Honey repairs skin tissues and can prove to be a wonderful scrubber. Take brown sugar, honey, and coconut oil in a bowl. Stir well to make a strong scrub. Using this formula might help you in revitalizing your skin and body along with removing toxins.
- Chickpea scrub – Chickpea scrub is great for fading blemishes and scars on your skin. Gather 1 cup chickpea flour, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp of dried peppermint, and 10 drops of tea tree oil. Now, all ingredients are mixed and the scrub is made to relieve you from all impurities.
- Citrus scrub – Citrus scrub can improve your blood circulation and boost your mood as well. Let’s take ½ cup of sea salt, ½ cup of sugar, ¼ cup of sunflower oil, lemon zest, pureed papaya, and 10 drops of orange essential oil. All you need to do is to mix all the ingredients and make the special citrus scrub. Citrus fruits are great for winter to impart a better skin tone.
How often should you exfoliate?
To be honest, don’t make exfoliation a regular process. Exfoliate your skin twice or thrice a week. For winters, choose gentle exfoliators. Acidic content can be harmful to the skin surface. The purpose of exfoliation is to remove the layer of dead skin cells and make your skin tone brighter. Excess of exfoliating agents can also cut down on your skin oil balance and leave it dry and dull.
We, the Oshea Herbals team are there to guide you by your weal and woes. Whenever you need us, visit our website and look for the face scrubs that suit your skin type. We wish you a happy journey to glowing skin.