This blog enlightens you about winter special nail care tips.
Who said that winter is going to spare your nails? The harshness of the season will gallop all the natural oils from your body and leave you until you get the urge to prepare winter-special nail care tips. Your nails can be dry, flaky, brittle once the temperature starts going down. So, seize a while and learn with us some super-basic tricks to obtain shiny, radiant nails.
Why do your nails become brittle in winter?
With the arrival of the cold months, your nails tend to break, become brittle. It occurs mostly due to a lack of moisture. Even if you indulge in the warmth of room heaters, the humidity level drops drastically. Comparatively, the months of summer restore moisture and natural oils. So if you notice your nails breaking down in winter, consult a dermatologist immediately.
winter special nail care tips:
Steps to maintain nail health
- Cut down water contact – The more you come in contact with water, your nails structure tends to weaken. Although our household chores do not permit us to stay aloof from water but try as much as possible. Either wear gloves or avoid such wet work. Spend fewer hours bathing.
- Moisturize your nails – Moisturizing is the only medicine for treating winter harshness. Moisturize your nails when putting lotion on your body. A little extra attention to your nails can boost your confidence to another level. While winter sits to impart dryness, you shield your nails with an intense layer of moisturizer.
- Don’t disturb your cuticles – Do you know that cuticles are actually the projector of your nails? Once you injure the cuticle, your nail bed grows unnaturally. So, better moisturize the cuticles with creams and cuticle oils.
- Watch your nail growth patiently – Do you have the habit of biting nails? If yes, then you have to acquire patience. Your nail growth is not going to be an easy process. Make your nails strong first, then aim for longer nails and nail art. Nails are beautiful only when they are strong and healthy.
- Choose your products wisely – This is a suggestion for almost all year-round. Choosing your products with wisdom is a must. Harsh chemicals or preservatives can harm your nails and cuticles. It can increase the brittleness of your nails and steal away the glow.
When everything around you seems difficult, home remedies are always at your rescue. Home remedies do not require excess investment either of time or money. You can have the ingredients right in your kitchen. So, just figure out the easiest way to possess the finest nails.
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice helps to retain nail color and contains great cleansing properties. Take a spoonful of baking soda, a bowl of water, and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well and immerse your nails in them for about 10 to 15 minutes. This will help in cleansing and gentle scrubbing of your nails.
- Rosewater – The captivating aroma of rosewater does not exclusively boost your mood but also restores health to your nails. Its antibacterial, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties offer a layer of protection to your nails and moisturize them well. Apply rosewater with cotton balls to your nails regularly after cleaning.
- Garlic oil – Garlic oil contains selenium that indirectly helps in promoting nail growth. Take a few garlic slices and saute on olive oil. Make sure that the slices or the oil do not get burnt. After the oil cools down, massage your nails and their cuticles with the garlic oil and leave overnight before rinsing off in the morning.
Oshea Herbals comes up with some extremely pocket-friendly tips to nourish every inch of your skin, body, and nails. Why resort to harsh chemicals when you can nurture the blessings of nature. Visit our website and look out for some eye-catching nail paints. Make your nails healthy and never go bare when you have such a wide variety of nail colors to flaunt.