This blog talks about the 3 tips to keep your nails strong.
Strong and healthy nails indicate good health. Take a look at your nails and find out if that requires caressing. Now the question is how will you detect? Simple. Are your fingernails prone to breakage? Are the color of your nails intact or do they appear pale and distorted? If your nails are brittle and you are still unaware of it, then it’s time to follow a list of do’s and don’ts. Come, with the assistance of the Oshea Herbals team, figure out the basic steps to ensure your nails enjoy good health.
What are the symptoms of nail problems?
Nail problems are common but can be dangerous if not taken care of at the right time. Our fingernails are made up of a protein layer called keratin that claims its origin from under the cuticle. Fingernails tend to develop white lines, spots, or vertical ridges that gain prominence with time. In case, if you notice the following do understand that you require to visit a dermatologist.
- Visible changes in nail color
- Bleeding around the nails
- Thinning or thickening of the nails
- Swelling or pain
- Nails not growing out
Also Read: 9 Ways To Do Manicure At Home
How to take care of your nails?
- Do not forget to clean and dry your nails. Never allow bacteria to settle down under your nails. Avoid excess contact with water as nails tend to break down and split. When you are washing clothes or cleaning dishes, wear rubber gloves.
- Keep your manicure set intact. Trim your nails when necessary, use manicure scissors or clippers. Impart gentle curves to your nails periodically.
- Moisturize your nails and your cuticles too with your favorite hand lotion.
- If you know about biotin, try using them. This will help your nails to strengthen their cuticles. Ask your dermatologist about your needs.
Also Read: Why are manicures and pedicures important?
What should you always avoid?
- Your nails are in danger if you have the habit of nail-biting. This damages the nail bed. Bacteria and fungi can settle even through the slightest crack and cause infections.
- Do you pull off hangnails? Please don’t. This habit can pull off live tissue along with your hangnails.
- Do not use harsh nail care products. Nail removers are usually harsh. Try using an acetone-free formula.
Also Read: Winter special Nail Care Tips
3 Tips To Keep Your Nails Strong:
Recipes For Nail Masks
Nail masks are not as popular as face masks or body scrubs. So, we suggest you compile the ingredients and prepare a magical potion for your nails.
Honey and Egg nail mask
Eggs add a layer of protein and honey acts as an antifungal and anti-bacterial element. Take 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of water, and a drop of lavender oil for a soothing fragrance. This paste goes well with your nail cuticles. Apply uniformly and rinse with lukewarm water. Try this nail mask twice a week and obtain gratifying results.
Also Read: Listen To What Your Nail Paint Has To Say About Your Personality
Banana nail mask
Who does not know the benefits of bananas? Bananas are rich in antioxidants and nutrients like biotin that are extremely beneficial for your nails. Get hold of 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of mashed banana, and any heavy-textured cream. Make a smooth paste and apply it generously on your nails and cuticles. Repeat this process twice a week.
Coconut oil, Tea tree oil, and Shea butter
Take 2 tsp of shea butter with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 2 tbsp of tea tree oil. Mix all the ingredients and apply the paste to your nails. Tea tree oil reduces fungal infections, coconut oil deeply moisturizes, and shea butter nourishes and heals damaged cuticles right from the roots.
Also Read: The best nail paint colors for your skin tone
We, the Oshea Herbals team, suggest you use these recipes to enhance your nail health and flaunt beautiful hands always!! Visit our website for the wide variety of nail paints awaiting you!!