This blog will discuss about the 10 ways to beat the winter skin blues.
Winter gives you goosebumps. Isn’t it? The low temperatures and decreasing humidity can bring about the quintessential winter blues but don’t worry, we can defeat them. What winter immediately does to our skin is o snatch away the moisture and leave it dry and lifeless. So, here we come up with some vivacious tips to – 10 ways to beat the winter skin blues.
What are winter skin blues?
Winter skin blues might not be any serious medical condition but it can bring down sullen, depressed skin texture. As the dry temperature ganks away all the moisture intensely from your skin, your skin tends to become lifeless and dull. Applying heavy moisturizers can make your skin appear greasy and oily as well as invite dirt follicles more. Thus, learn with us to look cheerful even when winter blues are hovering around. Boost the mood of your skin and keep sparkling.
10 Ways To Beat The Winter Skin Blues:
- Use the right cleanser – To fight winter dryness, you need a hydrating cleanser. Soap-based cleansers can wipe off the moisture content from your skin and leave it dry. Your cleanser is better if it is fragrance-free. Remember, a fresh, cleaned face is the primary condition for beautiful skin as it allows the active ingredients to settle deep down the skin pores.
- Exfoliate every week – What happens when the dead skin cells do not fall on their own? They simply block the pores and create blackheads and whiteheads. Then why not exfoliate? Exfoliate with a mild scrubber like glycolic or lactic acid that dissolves dead skin cells and does not require washing.
- Moisturizers should be oil-based – Winter moisturizers must contain fatty acids, ceramides. They have the power to nurture your skin and ensure the presence of humectants. Humectants attract moisture and lock them. If your skin does not produce enough sebum, you need to include non-clogging oils like avocado, almond, and primrose.
- Why not indulge in DIY masks? – For winter, yogurt can be literally helpful. It contains a high amount of lactic acid and performs effective exfoliation. Enriched with vitamin E, it has anti-inflammatory properties. Face masks with yogurt can pacify skin itches and irritation.
- Hot showers are not welcome – Winter months, cold chills, foggy mornings, and unending hot baths. That’s exactly what comes to mind when we think of indulging in this weather. But to warn you, hot showers are detrimental to your skin health. Hot water steals the natural oils present in your skin. So the moisture your skin needs to retain during winter gets lost with your 10 minutes bath.
- Give some attention to your food habits – The Winter diet is special and needs attention. Put on more and more healthy fats to maintain the natural oil balance in your skin. Add flax seeds, sunflower oil, walnuts, salmon to your regular meals. Cut down on caffeine and alcohol while switching to more water. Winter allows the moisture to evaporate from your skin. So to lock it up, eat what brings you benefit.
- Sunscreens are much required – Among the list of winter essentials, sunscreens are a must. Sunscreens protect your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun and can bring down the catastrophe of suntan, dark spots, pigmentation, skin cancer, etc. wear your sunscreen wherever you go even if it’s a cloudy morning.
Oshea Herbals recommends you get winter-ready. The cool breeze blowing around hints at the arrival of winter and its impending harshness. Keep your handcuffs ready to lock the moisture. Visit our website for more details on the winter-special skincare products and winter care combo-packs. We wish that you have a beautiful winter ahead.